Sochaczew is a home to 37 800 inhabitants.
It’s the district capital counting about 85 000 inhabitants. The city is located in the middle of great agglomerations and big cities such as Warsaw, Łódź and Płock, where many well educated Sochaczew dwellers work.
Thanks to the creation of interesting work places and to our social facilities, we are capable of reversing this trend and not only stop the outflow of the local educated personnel but also attract the inhabitants of other cities.
The unemployment rate in Sochaczew equals the 12% national average rate. The majority of unemployed are young people, naturally open to new challenges and highly professional.
• Large education offer
- Several day nurseries (one public day nursery already in use, and another one in construction)
- 9 nursery schools, 5 public and 4 private, hosting over 1000 children
- 4 primary schools held by the city and one private - „Nasza Szkoła” which is dedicated to the children with neurological problems,
- 3 Junior high schools
- 5 complexes of high secondary schools (within others, technical and professional schools)
- Special schools (of all educational levels + integration classes in other schools)
- Public music school „Fryderyka Chopina”- educating of the I and II level, one of the best schools in Poland,
- Academy of Marketing and Management forming the IT, Managment and Econometrics specialists. Academy authorities plan to launch studies for future specialists of logistic and international cargo transport.
- Other private educational entities: A dozen of high schools for youths and adults, complementary schools,complementary technical schools, professional schools for working students, post secondary schools, which educate economists, office administration workers, car mechanics…and many others.
• Attractive housing offer
The city owns a rich and attractive housing offer on both, primary and secondary markets.
• Brand new flats of a high standard, close to the city center (within a distance of 700m from school, day nurse, supermarkets, pharmacies, banks, a big playground for children and The Jordan Garden) you need to pay for about 4300 PLN/ 1m²
• The average price of flats on the seconadry market in Sochaczew is 3 000 - 3 500 zł / m²,
• Many local development companies would be pleased to realize for you any building project for housing or for investment
• Cultural offer
In Sochaczew there is always something going on!
Attractions are guaranteed by:
• Three Public Cultural Centers
• Modern cinema with actual repertoire
• 2 libraries
• The Narrow – Gauge Railway Museum
• The Museum of the Sochaczew Region and the Battle of Bzura River
• Żelazowa Wola
• 50 active nongovermental organizations …
300 periodic cultural events take place in Sochaczew yearly:
• Days of Sochaczew
• The Reconstruction of the Bzura Battle
• Summer of Sochaczew
• Autumn of Sochaczew
• Chopin Festival
• Sport and leisure offer
• The local sports center offers:
• Swimming pool „Orka”
• 2 stadiums
• Football pitch with artificial grass
• 2 sports multifunctional fields for volleyball and basketball
• artificial skating rink
• Skate Park
• tennis courts
• Jordan Garden
• Stadium „Bzura” Chodaków
• several open gyms in the public schools
• „ORLIK 2012” PITCH
• Motorcross track – „Podzamcze”
In Sochaczew, there are over 30 associations promoting sport. Every year, Sochaczew organizes sport contests at national and regional leavel.
• Rugby matches „7” and „15”
• Motorcross Races
• European Young Olympians Running
• Swimming Contests
• Handball, Basketball and Table Tennis Contests
• Judo Championships
• Football Matches
• Half Marathon along the Battle of the Bzura River
• Polish Paraolympic Games
• The Papal Race
• (amateur) League MMA
• And many other events…
• Health care
Sochaczew is evenly covered by a network of basic health care facilities.
Many public and private health care facilities and services are available in our city, among them the most important medical one - the district hospital (8 wards and 20 specialized clinics). The hospital holds the quality certificate ISO and has been estimated as a baby-friendly one.
The hospital holds the quality certificate ISO and has been estimated as a baby-friendly hospital.
In Sochaczew, there are over a dozen of private clinics providing the wide range of medical services.